Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lemon Greek Chicken - RotW (2 of 52)

Okay, this dish turned out SUPER yummy. I'll give the recipe as it is from the book, but then let you know what little differences I made to it.

Lemon Greek Chicken
(Pampered Chef Stoneware Sensations)2 tsp. lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbl. olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, pressed
2-3 tsp. dried oregano leaves
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
2 medium baking potatoes
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
8 oz. fresh whole mushrooms
4 chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine lemon zest, juice and oil. Press garlic into bowl. Add oregano, salt and black pepper; set aside. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges; place in 9"x13" dish. Add bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and half of the lemon juice mixture; toss to coat. Place chicken o top of vegetables; brush with the remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in center, brushing chicken and vegetables with pan juices after 30 minutes.
YIELD: 4 servings

****************************************
It really is a pretty easy recipe to make. I would pair it with a crusty bread (like a baguette), some white rice, and a green salad.

The few things I did differently were that I cut my chicken breasts in half, so I technically had eight pieces. This helps with portion control, but also my breasts were thick (yes, we're still talking about the chicken here! :) and I wanted them to cook all the way through. Also, my local grocery store was out of red peppers, so I used orange. It still tasted awesome.

If you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

That looks so yummy!