Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We'll just call him Ninja Boy

Okay, I am going to do my best to re-create what happened earlier today, because it is simply unbelievable. I swear to you this is how it happened...

I had a meeting today at family's house that we go to church with. I obviously had to bring Kyle along. They have three teenagers that love Kyle to pieces, and he adores them too. Anywho, their mom put them in charge of Kyle for the duration of our meeting.

At this point I have to make a side note that this family has a bench seat in their family room, and they had an angel fish in a vase-like tank on top of the bench seat.

Back to the story... at one point I heard Kyle come up the stairs, but thought nothing of it because the teenagers were supposedly watching him. All of a sudden we heard a big THUD in the family room, but no crying. In my mommy mind I thought "huh, I wonder what Kyle tipped over" I hopped up super fast and ran into the family room. There I saw Kyle sitting on the floor with the fish vase (which had to weigh about 8 lbs. - 1/3 of Kyle's weight!) but no, it wasn't tipped over, it was sitting upright, and there was no water on the carpet. While frustrated that Kyle had been playing with the fish vase/tank, I was pretty impressed that he had gotten it down without tipping out the water. But then...I noticed that there was NO FISH INSIDE the tank. After some squeals on my part about the missing fish, and not being able to see it, one of the other ladies found it, I scooped it off the carpet with a cup, and helped it back into its water safe and sound. Here's the thing...Kyle's arms were wet, but I repeat, there was no spilled water.

The rundown:
  • Kyle's arms are wet
  • There was a fish outside it's bowl
  • No water on the carpet or window seat
Put two and two together, and this is what we came up with. Kyle must have climbed up onto the window seat, busted out Ninja Boy and caught the fish with his bare hands, lost his grip on the fish, climbed down from the window seat, and then for whatever reason pulled the fish tank down to the floor (I'll add again, without spilling a drip of water!) From there we are not sure what he would have done, because that is where we found him...

Crazy!! The kid has talents we are just discovering! Who ever said a two-year old couldn't catch a fish with his bare hands?

3 comments:

Lynette said...

That is CRAZY! I can't believe he didn't break or even spill the fish bowl...that kid does have skills!

Mendy said...

I can't believe that, Tami. That is some crazy fish-wresting! He's a slippery one, your Kyle!

Jenni said...

Mad skills!! What a funny story!! :)