Sunday, June 24, 2007

Off to Girls Camp!

Tomorrow morning I am headed to the great outdoors for the week! I was asked to go to girls camp with our church's Young Women a few months ago, and it seemed to creep up on me rather quickly! It's 11:00 PM, and I think that I am finally ready. A little procrastination is good for the blood...isn't it? Something like that!

Below are just a few quick things that are on my mind before I head off for the week...

  • I owe my sweet mom a HUGE thank you. She is watching Kyle for the week while I am off playing in the woods. Scott is actually going to be heading off for Scout camp Wed. - Sat. too, so she'll be all alone with Kyle for a few days...PRAY FOR HER!!
  • An Update...I asked the girl today who's fish Kyle went Ninja on earlier in the week if it was still alive. Yep! It has survived with minimal trauma.
  • Why do toddlers think that when they fall is will be more comfortable for their head to hit the ground first, rather than catching themselves with their arms or hands? Kyle took a 'good' header into the sidewalk this afternoon. He's got a HUGE goose-egg to show for it.
  • Will my son be traumatized for life because I am missing his 2nd birthday? The only reason I ask is because I missed his 1st birthday last year due to girls camp. Hopefully this will be the last trip to girls camp for a few years! I'd like to be around for his actual birthday one of these years. Because I won't get to do it on his birthday, Happy Birthday to my sweet Kyle on the 28th. Mamma loves you.
  • Wish me luck and good weather for the week!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

You are so nice to go to girl's camp...the girl's are gonna love you!!! I'm sure Kyle won't mind if you're not around on his actual birthday, don't sweat it! Good luck at Camp and good luck Sandy watching Kyle!

The Spiveys said...

Have fun at camp! I'm sure you will have fun! How brave of you to go two years in a row, I don't know if I would have the same stamina.

Jenni said...

Wow, you guys both have busy callings w/ YW and scouts! I really hope you're having a great time at camp!! :)