Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A "Real" Hero


I wanted to pay a special tribute to my Great-Uncle Milt. We took the opportunity a couple of months ago to visit his niche at Arlington National Cemetary.

You know in elementary, middle, and highschool how you always have to write papers and reports about your 'heros'? My Uncle Milt was usually who I chose to write about. He truly is a hero to me and our country. He was a pilot in WWII, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War...and lived to tell about them. I am so thankful that we have/had such brave individuals like my Uncle who fight for the freedoms we enjoy in this great nation.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow, he was a pilot in 3 wars... I bet that was amazing to hear his stories. I had an uncle that recently passed who told me about being a ball-turet gunner in WWII for a paper in middle school. I never viewed war the same after I got to talk w/ him about it. We are so fortunate to have had these real heros in our lives.