Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Saturday night was a LONG night...

We are calling it food poisoning. What ever it was, it was NOT FUN. I did not get much sleep on Saturday night. Seriously, the cramping was terrible and what came with it was no good either (if you catch my drift!) Uuuggg, stomach stuff is the worse.

Anywho, I had no interest in eating much in the morning on Sunday. Finally by afternoon I was ready to get a little something in my stomach. I wanted something 'brothy' but not just straight broth. We didn't have anything that fit the bill, so I came up with a little something of my own. It was just what the doctor ordered. Yummy, but not heavy. I figured I'd share my little 'recipe' with you...(if you can call it that.)

Tami's 'feel gooder' soup
made by me!1 16 oz. can chicken broth (not concentrated)
1/4 cup small noodles, uncooked (I used alphabet, because that was in my pantry!)
1 green onion, sliced
2 med white mushrooms, stemmed and sliced

Cook noodles according to packaging directions, drain water. Add chicken broth, cooked noodles, sliced green onions, and mushrooms to the saucepan. Heat on stovetop to desired temperature.

________

Okay, so you hardly need a recipe for this soup, but it really was good and made me feel better. Maybe it'll help one of you during this rough cold season!

No comments: