Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beware...it's addictive!

So in the craziness that was last week, I forgot to post my recipe of the week. That means two for this week! Today's recipe is oh so fabulous! I've eaten this stuff a few times throughout my life and LOVED it every time. I've never known what to call it or how to look up the recipe. Finally I got the right google search combination and voila! I can't remember now which site it was that I found the actual recipe, but tons of people have it, so I don't think I need to give any credit. Now all of you can partake in the yummy goodness of chewy-gooey chex mix. (Which I've also nicknamed mormon crack...it's THAT addictive!)

Chewy-Gooey Chex Mix6 1/2 C. Rice Chex cereal
4 1/2 C. Golden Grahams cereal
1 C. sliced almonds
2 C. coconut
3/4 C. butter
1 C. sugar
1 C. lite karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

In a LARGE bowl, combine cereal, almonds, and coconut.
In saucepan combine butter, karo syrup, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for three minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and stir well.



This treat really is delicious. It was a big hit at the beach house.

No comments: