Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's a wrap!

Kyle and I are home from our vacation from Utah safe and sound! Our third week in town was full of fun. It definitely helped that I was finally feeling well and back in action!


Grandpa Monte and Grandma Sherry (Pugmire) came down from Fairview to spend the weekend with us and the others in the valley. We celebrated my nieces birthday (Kate turned 7!) and got to go to church together and just play...so much fun!



Salt Lake warmed up for a few days...at least enough to not completely freeze while being outside! Grandma Sandy totally spoiled Kyle and played outside with him as much as possible. He is such an 'outdoorsey' kid. To be able to play soccer for a while was great. Thanks mom for giving me little breaks here and there. You know how much I totally appreciated it.




We were lucky enough to meet Grandma and Grandpa Pugmire one more time in Provo for dinner and some play time. We ate at a resturant near the University Mall and then went over and walked around a bit and let K-man play on their fun pre-historic play area. The picture to the right was a photo op that I couldn't resist. Kyle was in high heaven walking and holding hands with his grandparents...(I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it too!




I was in town for another fun event...Our oldest niece, Mariah, went on her first date!! It was Sweethearts dance at her high school. She even let me help with her hair! It was fun to see her so excited and looking absolutely adorable. She promised me that she'd send me a picture of she and her date at the dance. I'll be sure to post it when she gets it!





Scott's sister and brother-in-law treated Kyle to a fun afternoon of swimming. It's honestly one of his favorite things to do, so he had a blast! The community pool by their house is AWESOME! I thought that ours was pretty cool, but their children's play area was HUGE. I didn't have my swim suit along, so I was the official picture taker! Laurie and Cody both agreed that Kyle got the award for going up and down the slide the most. (The picture is a great shot of Cody, Kyle, and Zack playing in the waterfall.)


This next picture was just too cute not to post. Uncle Tom is one of Kyle's favorite people. He is so good to play with him when he is around. Kyle had a great time fishin' with Uncle Tom.




And last, but certainly not least...our flight home. Kyle was SUCH a great traveler this trip. He loves being at the airport and on the airplane. (I'm sure one of these trips he is going to realize how not-fun flying is, but for the time being, I'm glad he's a happy traveler.) He was content for the most part to play with his Leap Pad and watch DVD's. Upon our arrival to Dulles the wind was blowing super hard, so the landing was ROUGH. He just laughed his head off and thought the pilot was being 'silly' just for him. Oh the innocence of childhood!


The trip was great, and now it is great to be home!

1 comment:

Croslands said...

It looks like you had such a great time. I like the picture of Kyle on the airplane. What a little cutie.
We missed you and we're glad you're back.