Friday, July 10, 2009

Growing FAST!

Okay, so after my last post I have an update on our sweet Colby. It seems as if there is a reason for all his crying. The poor kid's little body must be in pain...he's growing SO fast! Do you remember growing up and having leg and joint pains when going through a growth spurt? I can't imagine it is any different for our little squirts who are growing so quickly.

Since he started off so small, the doctor wants to keep a close eye on him in the beginning. I'm pretty sure that he's not going to have too many worries! We visited the doctor's office for a weight check on Thursday (Colby's six week birthday) and he's up to 7lbs. 4 oz. (almost a two pound weight gain in just six weeks.) The kicker though is that he's already grown 2 inches. He was 18 1/2" at birth and was 20 1/2" on Thursday. The nurse couldn't believe it. She mentioned a couple of times how crazy it is that he's growing so fast. She even made me measure him after she did to make sure that she was looking at it right. (She made a comment that cracked me up... "sheesh, if he keeps growing at this rate, he's going to be six feet tall by the time he's two!")

Anywho, I guess we'll give him a brake! Besides, in his moments of happiness, he's started to smile this week! Watch out little ladies, he's going to be a heart-breaker!

(This is the best picture I could get of his adorable grin. Sorry about the bug eyes, I needed the flash, but it makes his eyes HUGE!)

4 comments:

Linds said...

Sorry he cries so much, but you've got the right attitude, this to shall pass - and before you know it! Good thing he's growing and gaining weigh so well, mines having trouble with that...oh babies.

Lynette said...

He's looking bigger in that picture too! I can't wait to see him smile!

Jenni said...

Wow, 2 inches?!! I bet we'd all have growing pains if we grew 2" in 6 weeks. He is SO cute!!

KP said...

A healthy boy, growing fast. Oh how cute he is. We are excited to meet him.