Monday, May 18, 2009

There's a light...

...at the end of the tunnel! The official count down is on. Baby Pugmire is scheduled to arrive in just 10 days! The c-section is scheduled for Thursday, May 28th @ 8:30 am.

I can't believe how much different this pregnancy has been. Namely, NO BED REST! It has gone by so much quicker, which I'm sure is due to the fact that I haven't had to lay on the couch and watch Law and Order re-runs for the past four months. I feel pretty well, I have my days, but for the most part I know that I've been blessed. The doctors that I'm going to are awesome. They've kept a close eye on me, and found the right dosage of medication. I think that having them approach the pregnancy with a much more relaxed attitude has really helped me to stay calm too. Its been a win win.

We're definitely starting to get ready for baby around here. Probably not as quickly as some would, but the essentials are ready. The car-seat is out and the cover has been washed, I've pulled out the 0-3 month clothes and the bottles. We haven't set up the crib yet, but the pack-n'-play is ready to go. I bought a pack of newborn and size 1 diapers. Oh, and I do have my hospital bag packed. So, at least we're not totally unprepared!

Throughout the next week and a half we plan to tie up loose ends. With the basement construction things have been kind of crazy, but my mom flies in on Thursday, so she'll be a tremendous help in finishing up stuff. The air is filled with excitement around here! Kyle can't wait to meet his little brother. (We're pretty excited ourselves!)

6 comments:

Lynette said...

I can't wait to meet a new little PUG too!!! I wonder what he'll look like?

Jenni said...

Oh wow! I'm so excited for you and wish you a safe delivery and speedy recovery! Can't wait to see pictures of your new little cutie!!

Liz Adair said...

I love your blog! It made me smile to see it. Congratulations on the impending addition to your family. And, thanks for putting my book, Snakewater Affair, on your 2009 reading list.

Liz Adair
www.sezlizadair.blogspot.com

Swint said...

I am glad to hear about your health and the baby. That is fantastic, congratulations.

Linds said...

That's great, I can't wait to hear more once he arrives!

Weir Family said...

You'll have to post some pics as soon as you feel up to it. Good luck and I hope all goes well!!!