Monday, March 23, 2009

While the boys have been away...

I'VE PLAYED!

Although it has been odd to have the house so quiet, and I have definitely missed my boys, I've taken full advantage of the situation!! I've kept myself surprisingly busy. Some of the things on my gotten done list:
Scrapbooking
It is not very often that you can completely spread out and take over the whole kitchen for a few days and get some work done. I did precisely that! Scrapbooking is therapeutic to me, so it was fun. Hey, I'm now completely through the first two years of Kyle's life!!

Sewing
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new sewing machine? I was able to finish a quilt that I started a week or so ago. Again, sewing without little hands wanting to help is oh so much fun!

Pampering
Okay, so not that you want to see my chubby little toes, but I also managed to find my way to the nail salon for a much needed pedicure! Pedicure's are one of my guilty pleasures in life. I usually only get three to four a year, but I love them OH SO MUCH! To go with the theme of my girly weekend I picked a color that I've never chosen before...neon purple!

I talked to the boys a few hours ago just after they got to the airport in Phoenix. They are making the long trek back home (there were no good flights available, so they've got a pretty hefty layover in Atlanta). I've enjoyed the weekend, but I'm ready to have them back home. We'll be sure to post some pictures of their fun trip...so stay tuned!

(I'll post pictures of my finished weekend projects on my other blog if you want to take a look. http://mylifeasacraftaholic.blogspot.com/ )

1 comment:

KP said...

Glad you had some fun & reached some goals without the distractions of those you dedicate most of you time to. We REALLY enjoyed having them here & MISSED you! I forgot about Scott's birthday wish to visit. How sweet. Prgnant me went to sleep at night but the brothers stayed up & "bonded." Kyle is a cute kid & these cousins ENJOYED him. So glad the prgnancy is going well!