Friday, March 7, 2008

Way Too Long...

So, it's been so long since I've blogged that I'm guessing nobody is even checkin' it out any more. My bad! Life has just seemed to be crazy since we got home from Mexico. I know, excuses excuses excuses...that's all they are! Hopefully I can get back on track a little. My new goal is to blog at least once a week. - Honestly my problem is that when I think to get on to blog I start checking out everybody elses, and get carried away with time. Before I know it my time is up and I didn't ever post anything for myself.

So, our big news for the week is that Kyle is sleeping in a Big Boy Bed!! I have fretted and fretted and stressed about transferring him from his crib to a bed, figuring that it would be a total nightmare. Thankfully I was COMPLETELY wrong! The transition has been unbelievably easy. He has been in his new bed for three nights now and hasn't tried to get out ONCE! The first day that he took a nap in it I had to get after him once to get back onto his bed, but yesterday I didn't even have to remind him. I'm hoping that the newness doesn't ware off and then he'll become a terror, but I guess time will only tell. For now, we'll just enjoy how easy it has been and take it day by day. We think the key is that we got him new McQueen and Mater sheets and he is so excited to sleep in them that he's not putting up a fight.

8 comments:

Linds said...

Welcome back and congrats to Kyle!

Amalia Fay England said...

We are going through the same with Molly (we had to when she fell out of her crib). She doesn't like sleeping in the bed :( so she sleeps on the floor. I bought some Dora sheets and I'm hoping this might help her to want to sleep in her "big girl bed"

Jenni said...

Kyle is getting so big!! My Ben's first big boy bed had Lightening McQueen and Mater sheets too - it was quite the incentive!! I look forward to your upcoming weekly blogs!!:)

KP said...

We always read your blog but never comment. Anyway, love to see your pics & read your latest news. Kyle is HUGE & cute as can be. The sheets are such fun. Marie has Dora & Princesses. The boys have Cars, Superman, & Batman sheets. Jeff wants Mariner or Seahawk sheets. Wouldn't I be the coolest wife. I don't know... Loved seeing the Mexico pics while we were in Utah. Happy Easter!

the design boss said...

Way to go Kyle!!

Todd said...

It has been a long time again! Hope all is well

Jared said...

I still read... :) Good job Kyle.

the design boss said...

I'm still checking!
-Alan