Friday, June 27, 2008

My Paper Crafting "Crowning Achievement!"

Okay, so some of you may see this tomorrow at Kyle's little birthday party, but for those of you who live away, I just had to show this off. There are going to be quite a few people at Kyle's little birthday BBQ, and I was stressing about what to do for a cake. I definitely could not justify buying one when I knew I could make one, but with all the people who are going to be here, just one sheet cake wouldn't have been enough. So I was stressing. This is what I finally came up with, and I am totally pumped!!

Photobucket
It's a paper cake!! All the kids (and some of the adults!) will be able to take a "slice" home with them as a party favor! Each slice is filled with candy and a little toy.

So I honestly can't take credit for coming up with the idea, but I've always seen it done as a wedding shower or baby shower cake. My Cricut die cutter machine did all the hard work for me of cutting the boxes out of paper, and then I just had to stamp them up and fold and glue. I can take credit for the "bow" on top. The idea just came to me and I went with it!

Back to the cake dilemma...I made cupcakes!

Anywho, its been forever since I've posted, but this turned out too cool not to share!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

That is SOOOOOO cute!!!! I have never seen a paper cake before and I LOVE IT!!! What a fun idea!!! Now that you're back on the blogger....keep on bloggin!!!

Mary said...

That is awesome!! I love it! It's such a great idea for a party favor and cute decoration. You are so talented, I'm totally impressed! Have a fun party Kyle!

Jolynn said...

That is a really cute idea. You are such a good mom. Happy Birthday Kyle! Can he really be 3 already?

KP said...

The cake is darling, I've never seen anything like it. We are excited to see a photo of the birthday boy. It will be so great to be with you all next month.
Happy Birthday Kyle
We love you!

the design boss said...

You amaze me, I love the cake!!What a great idea!!