Sunday, March 4, 2007

Night Out

On Friday night Scott and I got to go on a date! This is monumental, because we haven't been able to do so since before 'the move'. (We've really miss all the wonderful young women from the Laurel ward who were such great babysitters.) Our neighbors, the Arnolds, watched Kyle for the evening so we could go out to dinner. Their son Jack is two, and Kyle and Jack get along really well. He had a GREAT time playing at their house, and we had a very nice evening out.

Thanks to a gift certificate we won last weekend at our ward chili cook-off, we went to a super nice restaurant in Warrenton called Claires at the Depot. Nice restaurant in Warrenton? Yep! It's true! Even in the stix we have nice places! We're talking NICE. I kid you not, we would compare the food quality to that of Ruth's Chris. It was AWESOME! I know that part of what made the dinner so enjoyable was that we got to go out just the two of us. It was a much needed.

Moral of the story...if you haven't done so in a while, grab a babysitter and enjoy dinner out with your hubby. Most likely, you'll enjoy yourselves quite a bit!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Yeah for dates!!! Dan and I are going on one this weekend. Thanks for letting us come down this weekend!

Mendy said...

I always say not to feel guilty about spending time/money on being alone with your spouse--it's like paying "marriage insurance" premiums. I'm glad you and Scott got away.

The Spiveys said...

I love date nights but they have certainly gone by the wayside lately. We'll have to try and make more time.

Mary said...

How fun for you! I want to go on a date!

Jenni said...

I found you Tami!! I love your blog!! Good for you on getting out. We haven't gone out alone since Nina was born - I think its about time!! I'm going to call the babysitter, you've inspired me! :)