Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Big Night Out!

Last night was Scott's annual work holiday party. I'll be honest, I think I look forward to it each year more than he does. It is one night a year that we get all dressed up and get to go to a posh location to mingle and eat delicious food. This year the party was at the Ritz-Carlton in Georgetown. We had a great time. The music wasn't my fav (they had a live Jazz band, which I'm sure some people loved, but I'm more of a pop/hip-hop gal!) But the creme-brulee make up for it. Definitely a fun night out.
But what made the night even better? Scott surprised me yesterday morning and said he booked us a room at a Bed & Breakfast in Fairfax for after the party. Ya, my husband is THAT COOL! The little B&B is called Stafford House.
I would recommend it to everybody! It is a small B&B, only two rooms. We stayed in the 'King Room.' It was amazing! I forgot to snap any pictures of the room, but I pulled this off the internet. It doesn't do the room justice, but at least you can see the beautiful bed.
It is not often that I take pictures of a bathroom, but this was picture worthy! The bathroom was huge. Two full vanities, and a full sized sauna room.
But get a look at this bathtub, it's HUGE! It's a gigantic Jacuzzi tub. Seriously, it could easily sit four people. (Although we didn't try to fit four people into it... ;)
This place was a dream.

None of this could have happed without the Madrishin's. Thank you SO much for watching our boys, and for offering to have them spend the night so that we could have a night out. We are so blessed to have such great friends that love our boys and would offer us such a gift as a night away. It was the first time Scott and I have gotten away, just the two of us, since we've had children. It was wonderful. We slept in until 8:45 this morning. AWESOME.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow Tami....you look AWESOME!!!! I love the pink dress and black shrug...you look hot! What a fun night and what a great surprise from Scott!

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

fun! I am glad to hear you had an awesome night out!

Irene said...

I agree with Lynette - that last shot is FANTASTIC! You look very hot!