Sunday, November 11, 2007

Favorite Appliance!

Seriously, how much better can it get than being able to cook three sheets of cookies at once? I LOVE my convection oven!! Is it bad to say that one of my most favorite things about our house is the convection oven? It's great!

I pretty much use it for cooking everything but bread and cakes. It cooks things much faster and preheats in about half the time as well. Not only does it cook things quicker, but because the fan is circulating you can cook on all the racks and still get even heat. It has changed my view on baking cookies...because I can do a batch in 1/3 of the time that I use to be able to! No more cooking one sheet, and then the next, and so on. The only draw back is that like I said I can't use it for cakes or bread, because it cooks the outside too fast so the insides don't get the chance to cook.

I am totally looking forward to using my double oven to it's full capacity this Thanksgiving. I can cook my Turkey and stuffing in one oven, and rolls and pie and whatever else needs to be cooked in the other. It should be fun! (Yes, I realize that I'm pathetic saying it will be 'fun' to cook Thanksgiving dinner, but what can I say? I enjoy it!)

By the way, the cookies that are in the picture in the oven are THE BEST! Most of you who read this have already made them and love them as much as I do (I got the recipe, if you can call it a recipe, from Lynette following last month's card swap that I participate in.) If you haven't had them yet...give them a try, they're a cakewalk to make and taste fabulous!!

Low-Fat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 box Spice Cake Mix
1 15 oz. can 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 to 3/4 bag of Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
*Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cake mix and pumpkin until WELL mixed. Add chocolate chips and mix. Drop by the teaspoon full onto uncreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
(They don't make the 'prettiest' looking cookies, but they are so good that it's almost impossible to stop at just one!)

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I'm sooo jealous of your ovens!!! And I'm jealous of the cookies baking in it...delish!!

Mary said...

Those cookies are ridiculously good, but I'm more in awe of your oven. Wow! That's a dream come true!

p.s. Would you mind listing just my first name (or blog name) for my blog link on your sidebar? We just don't use our last name online when we can avoid it. Thanks!

The Pugs said...

Oh sure...no problemo!