Sunday, August 1, 2010

flyin' high!

K-man got to go on a fun little adventure yesterday. He was lucky enough to go flying for a few hours with my Uncle Jim and my brother, Tom.

My Uncle has been flying since way before I was born. (He has a couple of his own planes.) He had been out to a big airshow (Oshkosh, for you plane lovers) and passed through Salt Lake on his way home. He is always so generous to give rides in his plane. This time it was my brother, Tom, and Kyle who went up. **Okay, side note, when we were here in Utah back in June Kyle go to take a quick ride in the plane then too, and LOVED it, so he's kind of obsessed.** Uncle Jim had Kyle help him do his pre-flight checks, and K-man got to untie the ropes holding the plane to the ground. He ate it up!

My brother's camera has a bunch of the pre-flight pictures on it, but I did catch these ones at least...
Finished up with all the pre-flight checks, just getting buckled in and ready to take off.Just after take-off.Another cool shot that catches the awesome scenery of the valley.
Kyle had a blast! He doesn't get air-sick a bit and can't wait until we get to see Uncle Jim and ride in his plane again. His favorite parts? Talking into the headsets with Uncle Jim and Uncle Tom, being one of the 'big boys', and laughing at the plane when it "talked" to him. (The men got a little tired of his constant chatter though the headsets, so Uncle Tom disguised his voice and told him "This is the plane, Kyle, you need to stop talking" and other stuff like that. Apparently Kyle laughed his little head off!)

Thank You Uncle Jim, Kyle LOVED it. We really appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to give Kyle such an awesome adventure.

1 comment:

Linds said...

I looks like you've been having so much fun this summer! I can't believe the snake. sick. I would have hated that. Good for your for taking that road trip with out Scott. And that is so fun that Kyle went flying with your uncle. With how busy life gets I hope we can plan a time to get together sometime!