Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Road Trip 2010

Whew! We had a couple of long days of driving last week, but I'd turn around and do it all again in a heartbeat.

Kyle, Colby, and I headed off on Wednesday with the Madrishin family for a whirlwind road trip. I'll admit, I was super nervous to take off on this adventure without Scott, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Traveling with the Madrishin family was fabulous. Aside from the fact that we travel the 'same', (mellow, take-it-as-it-comes, roll with the punches kind of traveling) I had seven awesome babysitters too! They were all SO helpful. I will be forever grateful to them for making this trip as painless for me as possible!

My Kyle rode in the Madrishin's Suburban with Dave and Melissa and their boys, and Colby was in the van with me and Kayleigh and Ashley. The girls were happy to not be with their brothers, and Kyle was thrilled to be with all the 'big boys.' The arrangements couldn't have been more successful. (I'm pretty sure I got the good end of the deal.)

Day 1: Drive to Victor, NY (between Rochester & Palmyra), eat dinner at Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester. (A local hot spot we were told not to miss!)Day 2: Morning swim at the hotel, afternoon visiting Palmyra Temple and the Sacred Grove, evening Hill Cumorah Pageant.Day 3: Drive up to Niagara Falls, Canada, check out the falls and ride the Maid of the Mist, then drive to Solon, Ohio. (Just outside of Kirtland, Ohio)Day 4: Johnson Farm (Hyrum, Ohio), lunch with Elder LaRochelle's family (an elder serving in our mission here in VA), Kirtland Temple & historic Kirtland, evening - watching the play "This is Kirtland".Day 5: Morning swim at the hotel. Drive home!

Aaaahhh....home sweet home. We had a blast, but being the only driver in my car was pretty exhausting.THE END!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow Tami...what a fun packed trip! I'm still amazed you did it as a single parent...way to go!

I feel like I haven't seen you in years, i'll give you a call tomorrow!

KP said...

What a super trip!