Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Proud Wife and Little Sister

Okay, so I am kind of feeling like a hypocrite right now. Just last night I was having a conversation with some of my friends and we were talking about how much it buggs when people just brag non-stop on their blogs about their great lives. (a bragspot instead of a blogspot!) This is kind of one of those posts, sorry ladies!! :)

First of all, Scott and I celebrated our 7th anniversary this past weekend. Yea for us! I am 'seriously so blessed' to have such a fantastic husband. He is so good to me. My life since marrying Scott has been more than I could have ever imagined. Thank you Scott, for putting up with my antics, being my best friend, worthy priesthood holder, and eternal companion. I love you!

Scott wake-surfing at Lake Powell last weekend

Now on to the proud little sister part. Both of my big brothers are pretty awesome, and for very different reasons. My oldest brother, Mike, has always been a good example to me. When we were growing up, he was my protector. I have always looked up to him for lots of reasons. Anyway, about three years ago, he joined the Navy Reserves. On Sunday he was commissioned as on officer. The ceremony was awesome and I really am proud of him.

My brother Mike (on the left) being sworn in as an officer in the US Navy

Last but not least...The video below is pretty self explanatory. My big brother Tom has always been the one in the family who could do anything he set his mind too. He has no fear and is crazy athletic, especially when it comes to extreme sports. From motocross motorcycles, to snow skiing and snowboarding, extreme snowmobiling to mountain biking, and water skiing to wake surfing and wake boarding; he can do them all, and can do them all EXTREMELY well. (It has often times been frustrating to Mike and I how good he is at everything.) Anyway, I caught some of his wake boarding on video this last weekend while we were at Lake Powell and have to share.

Tom showin' off some of his skilz!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You ARE seriously so blessed!! (Did you check it out yet? HILARIOUS) Should I be offended or peeing my pants with laughter?

Missy said...

NO FAIR! I was going to say what Heidi said! SERIOUSLY, you are SO bLeSSeD!

P.S. I think it's perfectly fine to share happy things about our lives...within reason!

Missy said...

NO FAIR! I was going to say what Heidi said! SERIOUSLY, you are SO bLeSSeD!

P.S. I think it's perfectly fine to share happy things about our lives...within reason!

The Pugs said...

*giggling* I will never again be able to utter that phrase without laughing.

Kelli said...

Tammy, that is definately not bragging. You should be proud of them!! It was so good to see you guys the other night. Man, I think it has been like 5 years. Keep in touch!!

Kelli said...

Tammy, that is definately not bragging. You should be proud of them!! It was so good to see you guys the other night. Man, I think it has been like 5 years. Keep in touch!!

Linds said...

Man his commissioning ceremony was way better than Steve's! I've got to say you're a multi-talented family. All three of you seem to be great at so many different things! (you and your brothers) And congrats on 7 years!!! That is wonderful!