Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A little something for myself!

I've been doing a LOT of sewing lately. Preparations for Christmas gifts has begun, a few birthday gifts here and there, and I'm also getting ready for 'craft fair season!' Anywho, none of it has been for me to keep. I decided to take some time out today and do something just for me!

I'm in Halloween mode. Not that I necessarily love the actual Halloween holiday itself, but I LOVE all the fun decorations. Halloween stuff is so cute and fun. I don't have a whole lot of it, so I made a little something. I drew up this pattern yesterday for a Bat table runner and it actually worked out how I planned! It was super fun and easy to sew, and I think it turned out great. (Not to toot my own horn or anything, but trying to live in Lynette's shadow is tough. *Sigh* Maybe one day I'll be as good of a seamstress as her!)

3 comments:

Lynette said...

That bat is AWESOME!!!!!! I couldn't quite see how you did the edge..is it binding?? I'm totally impressed! If you can do the bat, then you definitely can do anything else!!! I can't wait to try the watermelon. Good job Tami!!!

Mary said...

The bat is so cute! Way to go! You are so creative to come up with something like that.

The Pugs said...

Thanks!

Lynette...I did it a little different than the watermelon. Instead of sewing all of the layers together I just sewed the strips to the batting and then sewed the back (wrong sides together) to the batting/strips and flipped it right-side out. Then I ironed and sewed a 1/4" seam on the outside. Clear as mud? I figured binding would be super hard with all the curves. I'll pass along the pattern to anybody who would like it.